*Parent note: you may print the assignment or make your own paper copy. Please share a photo of the assignment with your child's teacher when it is completed.
Read Aloud Week One
Click on the video to hear the story about Charlie the Caterpillar. Once you hear the story please answer the questions below:
- How did Charlie feel when he was a caterpillar? Why?
- How should a real friend treat you?
- How did God create Charlie to be beautiful?
- Find 5 words that it you could use Flippy Dolphin to solve.
Read Aloud Week Two
Click on the video to hear the story about Humphrey. Once you hear the story, answer the questions below:
- From the pictures, where do you think the story is set?
- What is the one thing Humphrey wants?
- What is one way someone in the book showed God-worshiping?
- Write down 5 nouns from this story.
Read Aloud Week Three
Click on the video to hear the story of Papa's Pastries. Once you hear the story, answer the questions below:
- Why was Papa making pastries?
- What happened when he went to the villages to sell the pastries?
- How did all the people that Papa showed kindness to help Papa’s family in the end?
- Write down 5 verbs from this story.
Click the link below for this week's popcorn word. This word is a question word, so you use it to ask a question and when you are writing a sentence with it, you need to put a question mark at the end. Once you have read it, come up with two of your own questions that use the word and tell them to someone at your house.
Read Aloud Week Four
Click on the video to hear A Bear for All Seasons. Once you hear the story please answer the questions below:
- What was the setting in this story?
- Who did you see enjoying creation in this story? How did they show it?
- What is Bear’s favourite season? Why?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
- Write down 5 adjectives from this story.
Read Aloud Week Five
Click on the video to hear Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns About Bullies. Once you hear the story please answer the questions below:
- Why couldn't Howard fall asleep on Sunday night?
- What should you do if you or someone you know is being bullied?
- How can YOU be a Justice Seeker in your community, school, or home?
- Why did the author use bold words and capital letters for some of her words?
Read Aloud Week Six
Read Aloud Week Six
Click on the video to hear the story about The Numberlys. Once you hear the story please answer the questions below:
- What if there were no numbers? What would some of the problems be if we didn’t have numbers?
- If you could change your name to a number what number (or numbers) would you choose? Why?
- What would happen if we didn’t have letters?
- What are some other ways that God has brought order to our world?
Read Aloud Week Seven
Click on the video to hear the story A Grand Old Tree. Once you hear the story please answer the questions below:
- This book was about a tree and the life cycle a tree goes through. Can you think of 1 or 2 other life cycles that you know?
- On the page where the tree is in full bloom and there are bees buzzing about, what do you think the bees are doing?
- God created all plants! Can you think of 1 or 2 throughlines that the story is showing you? (ex: servant working, earth keeping, creation enjoying, image reflecting, order discovering, etc.) Why did you pick those?
- What are 5 verbs (action words) you can find in the text? What are 5 nouns (person, place, animal or thing) that you can find in the story?
Sorry, there was a glitch with Mrs. K.'s video, so here is another one that has the story read out loud:
Read Aloud Week Eight
Click on the video to hear the story Field of Beans. Once you hear the story please answer the questions below:
- Where did this story take place?
- Who was the main character in this story?
- What did Junior learn about idol discerning in this story?
- How did he act out idol discerning with his team?
- How can you be an idol discerner?
Read Aloud Week Nine
Click on the video to hear the story. Once you listen to the story please answer the questions below:
- God created a beautiful world! What are 2 things that people often do to ruin God's creation?
- Why is a clean world so important for God's animals?
- What are 2 things you can do to show that you are being an Earth Keeper?
- What are 6 verbs (action words) that you heard in the book?
Read Aloud Week Ten
Click on the video to listen to The Invisible Boy. Once you listen to the story please answer the questions below. Click the links to view the pictures referenced in questions 1 through 3.
- Why do you think that Brian has no colour on this page? What do you think he is feeling?
Read Aloud Question 1
- How did the author use colour with Brian on this page? Why do you think that?
Read Aloud Question 2
- What do you notice about the picture of Brian on the left from the beginning of the story to the picture of Brian on the right? Why do you think the author did that?
Read Aloud Question 3
- How was Brian being an Image Reflector in the story? How was Justin, the new kid, being an Image Reflector in the story?
- How can you be an Image Reflector at home? at school? in your neighborhood?